Course: Main Course
Cuisine: West Indian
- 1 cup rice flakes
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 8 - 10 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger-garlic
- 2 cup green pea
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 150 ml orange juice
- Roasted rice flakes
- Black pepper powder
- Cumin powder
- Dry roast the rice flakes in a pan.
- Meanwhile heat desi ghee in another pan.
- Fry cloves, cumin seeds, green chilli, and ginger - garlic in it.
- After it has fried add green peas in it, toss them.
- Now add dry mango powder, and salt in it to cook for 5 mins - 7 mins.
- After cooked, add lemon juice, black pepper, sugar, water, and orange juice to cook for 6 mins - 8 mins.
- After cooked mix the roasted rice flakes in the green peas.
- Garnish the prepared chivda matar with remaining roasted rice flakes, black pepper powder, and cumin powder.
- Your Chivda Matar is ready.