Cuisine: West Indian
- 1 cup pressed rice
- 3 medium sized boiled & mashed Potatoes
- 2 tbsps and to deep fry Oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 medium sized finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsps refined flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps fresh chopped coriander leaves
- 10 chopped cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Soak the poha for five minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped onions, two tablespoons of refined flour and roast for two to three minutes. Add red chilli powder, chopped green chillies, turmeric powder, stir and mix well. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add soaked poha, mashed potatoes, salt, chopped coriander leaves, chopped cashewnuts and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into eight to twelve equal portions and shape each into a cutlet.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the cutlets till golden.Drain onto an absorbent paper and serve hot with green chutney.