By Pankaj Bhadouria
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 5 - 6 eggplant
- 200 gms lady finger
- 200 gms Ivy gourd( Kundru)
- 200 gms boiled and scraped bittegourd
- 100gms colocasia ( arvi)
- 2 - 3 scraped potatoes
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp mustard oil
- In a pan, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds and Nigella seeds.
- Dry roast the spices for 2-3 minutes.
- Now insert slits in the eggplant, lady finger and ivy gourd.
- Scrape boiled bitter gourd and colocasia and insert slits in them as well.
- Cut potatoes in large pieces and make slits in the pieces.
- For subzi masala
- Now, grind the roasted spices to a fine powder.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and salt.
- Heat mustard oil in a large tawa.
- Fill the vegetables with the prepared mixture of spices.
- Put the vegetables in oil and make sure all the sides are fried well.
- Sprinkle the leftover Subzi masala on the vegetables.
- Serve hot.